Friday, June 22, 2012

Another Great Day on Arizona Midday

Me and Destry getting ready for some "LEMON-ology" on Arizona Midday.



My Friend Kristy Morcom and "Ferdinand the Bull Snake" from the Wildlife World Zoo in the lobby of KPNX Channel 12.


I started the day a bit frazzled thinking of all the things I had planned for today's segment on Arizona Midday. In fact, I had a dream last night that Destry had called me to tell me that I was late and missed my segment (not sure what that dream was all about.) After running to the supermarket and a local dollar store to grab all of my supplies and props, I ran home to cut lemons, make solutions and bake some mini-lemon pies. I was out the door by 12:20pm (only 20 minutes behind schedule) and raced downtown to the our local NBC studio (KPNX Channel 12).

TGIF!
I made it down town in record time, but soon realized that my segment was 2nd and I had A LOT of prep work to do. Thankfully, today is Friday and Coffee Talk (which usually runs a bit longer) was up first. As I set up I listened to Destry and the girls (including my good friend Jennifer Kaplan) chat about the hot topics of the week. Soon they were done and I was up next. My lab was complete and I was ready to roll just in the nick of time.

I love the time I get to spend on television and even more, I love the fact that I can use Miss Science as a platform to educate viewers about how much fun STEM (especially the SCIENCE part) can be! Next week we start our camps at Arizona State University-Polytechnic and then it's off to Channel 3 on July 6th for the Science of Bubbles!


I LOVE MY JOB!
Here's the link for today's segment. ENJOY!

XOXO!
Miss Science 

No comments:

Post a Comment